The Amelia Earwarmer was my very first pattern! It was published on Ravelry way back in February 2014! I am now offering it here on my blog!
If you would like to purchase a printable PDF version of the pattern, you can do so HERE.
- One skein or less of #5 weight bulky yarn or 2 strands of #4 worsted weight yarn held together.
- Size P hook
- 2 large buttons (large enough to fit very snuggly in between stitches of the wrap) – I used 1.5” buttons.
- Measuring tape Darning needle for weaving in endsDifficulty
Not necessary – size is determined by desired length
- Toddler (1-3 years) – 18-20”
- Child (3-10 years)- 19-20.5”
- Adult – 20-22”
For most accurate fit measure the person the head wrap will be for around the head at the forehead. Then chain until it reaches 1” less than the head circumference, slightly stretched.
dc- double crochet
Row 1: Ch to 1” less than desired length, slightly stretched.
Row 2: Dc in 3rd chain from the hook and continue to DC across to the last stitch.
Row 3: Ch 2, turn (counts as 1st), dc in the next st and continue to dc across to the last stitch.
Row 4: Ch 2, turn (counts as 1st), dc in the next st and continue to dc across to last stitch.
Row 5: Ch 1, turn, sc in the same st as ch 1 and continue to sc across to the last stitch.
Now sc down the side of the earwarmer, across the bottom, and back up the other side, working 2 sc in each corner. Join to first sc. Finish off.
Sew buttons on to one end, one above the other, as pictured below.
Weave in remaining ends.
Buttons should snuggly slip in between DC stitches to attach the ends to each other around person’s head.